To provide a welcoming space, UNIX.dog needs some rules. (tl;dr don't be an asshole).
Please keep in mind that final intepretation of these rules are up to UNIX.dog admins. As the server is hosted in St. Louis, United States, by Contabo, all use of UNIX.dog services must follow federal law of the U.S. and the Contabo terms of service.
As noted below, all official communication will come from alpha at unix dot dog or this website. As precaution, these communications will be signed with the following GPG key:
67A3 9437 8618 B72E B4D5 CC69 B0EB E117 49B9 9367
which can be found hosted here.
- Do not impersonate or otherwise deceptively claim yourself as a UNIX.dog admin. All official communications will be from alpha at unix dot dog or this website.
- Do not collect UNIX.dog user data without express permission.
- Do not use UNIX.dog services for commercial reasons.
- Do not attack, compromise, or disrupt UNIX.dog services with malicious intent.
- Be courteous of the shared resources provided, and be mindful of your time using them.
- Treat every individual with respect and kindness.
- Do not use profanity, slurs, or offensive language in a way directed maliciously at an individual.
- Do not discriminate against individuals because of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.
- Do not bully, harass, or otherwise intimidate or cause emotional harm to any individual with malicious intent or via negligence.
- When uploading NSFW, please tag it accordingly.
- Do not upload content that is illegal in the U.S.
- Sexual depictions of children, including artistic depictions, are not allowed.
Please note that this should apply to both UNIX.dog admins and moderators along with moderators of user-created MUCs or other groups on UNIX.dog services.
- You must not give cruel, unusual, or vindictive punishments to users.
- You must give an explicit, unambiguous warning to users before performing a privileged action on them, unless it is reasonably determined that they are automated.
- You must also provide an explicit, unambiguous reason and duration to the privileged action.
- You must provide a banned user, after a reasonable cool-down period, the ability to exchange external contacts with their peers.
- No "ex post facto" judgements.
- Burden of proof is laid on the accuser, not the accusee. Please keep this in mind when submitting reports.
THESE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ADMINISTRATORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE SERVICES OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THESE SERVICES.